Friday, May 9, 2014

Murale Haul

For the last few weeks I had the opportunity to borrow my mom's car for a month since she's currently in Vietnam. I took the opportunity to go to all the places I wouldn't have the chance to go to since they're too far (like Target). Murale; created by Shoppers Drug Mart is basically a stand alone beauty boutique of a Shoppers Drug Mart, but a million times more awesome. I should of taken pictures because their store is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and I believe the Shops at Don Mills location is the only one in Ontario.

Murale carries the higher brands of beauty products such as: Nars, YSL, Chanel, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, and so much more. Now on to my awesome tiny haul!!

I love the simple purple bag they have, SO CUTE.

I was actually buying this to restock since I finally finished my original tube from like two years ago.. But anyways, I just looked up the price compared to Sephora's and its a lot cheaper. I have a feeling this is like a different size or something though. Anyways, I love duo lash adhesive, I've been trying to use my Ardell one that I got with a pair of lashes, but nope it sucks! As soon as I get any tears or water on it, the lashes come right off. This stuff lasts me all day.

I've been considering the beauty blender to apply my make-up for like forever now, so I decided to splurge since I was getting a discount on it! It was definitely worth it! I only use the beauty blender to dab on my concealer though to give it a flawless look, and it does a great job of making my skin look amazing. It has changed my life.

I've been on the search for a perfect matte red lipstick, and my cousin recommended these ones. The Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick claims to last for up to 6 hours, and it does not dry out your lips! I'm excited to try this. I can never find a red that looks good on me so I hope this is the one!

The shade I got is called "fiery" and it has like a flat paddle/doe foot applicator. The container has 0.10 fl oz. or 3 ml.

Here is a swatch. It looks super orange in the picture which I don't like, but in person I feel like its more of a maroon, blood red shade. 

My favourite purchase. I don't know why but the Murale website doesn't show that they sell YSL products when they totally do. So I linked it from Sephora instead. I now see the hype to why these lipsticks are so popular.

Not only is the packaging BEAUTIFUL (despite how bright gold it looks in the picture, its more pretty in real life), the formulation of the lipstick is amazing. I've never swatched a YSL lipstick til I was at Murale, and oh my god. SO SMOOTH. By far the best lipstick I have worn in my life (so far). 

I love the shade I got SOOOOOO much. I've never been a huge fan of baby pinks or nudes until recently and I think this shade looks good on me! That's a first. I definitely will be purchasing more YSL lipsticks because they are that awesome. Too bad it'll break my bank :(

Do you have a favourite brand of lipstick? What are your go to lip colours?

4 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely colour! I haven't got any YSL lipsticks either, one day!!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are definitely worth the money. pretty and pigmented!

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul! The liquid lipstick looks so solid and I have the same YSL lipstick. They are amazing aren't they! So damn silky soft and buttery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to try one of the Stila All Day Liquid Lipsticks... they look amazing! I love liquid lipsticks xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...