Monday, January 4, 2016

Where I've Been - Weight Loss Journey

Well, I sure got a lot of explaining to do. I've basically vanished from the blogging world for about a month now. It was definitely a nice break from blogging though, not that it's even stressful in the first place. I know, I took a week break previously in October due to my grandpa passing away, but this break was also quite unexpected.

I think it started when me and my boyfriend decided to change our lives around. We both agreed to join the gym together, and lets say, gymming is pretty much my life now. I've joined two other gyms in the past, and I always quit. I am a quitter, unless I'm with the right people. I can definitely say that I love going to the gym now, and I love the feeling after a good workout. I understand, it's not a great excuse to stop blogging, which has been such a huge passion and love of mine, but if gymming basically everyday will help me achieve my goal weight, why not put my time and effort into that?

I've been battling and struggling with my weight for the last 10 years of my life. I always hated how I looked, and I hated that I let myself get to this point. I gained the most weight when I was 15. Working at McDonalds for the summer was the worst idea ever. McDonalds was my weakness. I gained 20 pounds in a matter of 3 months. I didn't notice it, until it was too late. Not only did I notice the weight gain, but of course my family did too. It's worse when they blatantly talk about how you got fat or point fingers at how skinny your other cousins are. Maybe it's a Chinese/Vietnamese thing to just say things without a filter, or maybe it's just my family. But anyways. Many people have told me "you look great, why do you need to go to the gym?" It's not just about how I look, but also how I feel. I'm not confident, and I'm not happy. I know I'm very unhealthy, and I'm overweight for my age group. I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.

It's time for a change.

I don't really know what my time frame is, but I guess I hope to be comfortable in a swimsuit by May 2016. Just in case I do go on vacation around that time. It's going to be hard, but I really want this.

Things I hope to achieve within the year:
  • lose 10-15 pounds (I hope to lose 30 pounds in total to be at my goal weight)
  • be able to run/jog for 1km straight
  • do one pull-up
  • do 10 proper push-ups
  • to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see
Technically, my weight loss journey started November 15, 2015. From that time until mid December, the following things occurred:
  1. I stopped drinking pop.
  2. I cut out carbs for about 2 weeks.
  3. I went to the gym 3-4 times a week.
  4. I ate smaller portions.
In one week, I lost 5 pounds. With the combination of the 4 things I did above. From then on, it was steady, and then I gained back 2. and now, after the holidays, I'm back at my starting weight. It sucks because I was so happy to see that I lost weight, and of course it crushed me to see I gained it back. From seeing the weight loss actually happen, it motivated me to continue what I was doing. I still haven't drank pop for a month now, and I still go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Carbs are super hard to cut out, so I guess I need to find a way to just minimize my carb intake. Portion control will be hard to start again, because after all the junk and Christmas meals I've had, I have to train my body to be used to eating less. 

I don't expect anyone to follow me on my weight loss journey, because I'm really just writing this post (and any other ones) as a diary of my struggles and achievements. I want to love myself and love how I look. I want to look in a mirror and feel pretty. Am I asking for a lot? It's not a lot if I push myself to do it. Maybe I'll make this a monthly update. Or update here and there if something interesting happens.

To clarify, I will still be writing beauty reviews and beauty related stuff of course. I will have a new beauty post up by Friday. Love you all! 

Stats:
Starting Weight: 150lbs
Goal Weight: 120-125 lbs
Waist Size: (to be updated)

Twitter | Youtube | Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...