Monday, December 15, 2014

MAC Nasty Gal Collection Review + Swatches

I cannot get over the lighting in my new room. Its perfectly bright for blog photos in the day time. I LOVE IT. My photo light box was totally destroyed during the move, so I'm trying to make it work with what I have. So far so good. I'm enjoying how my pictures look, and I hope you guys are too! December is like the month where I go crazy on gift giving and also gift giving for myself. I ordered this from MAC online along with two Sephora orders on the way, another lipstick order from another company (which a post will be up soon!), and I have an Ipsy bag I need to review! Jam packed month!

Today I am featuring the three gorgeous lipsticks from MAC's Nasty Gal Collection. I knew once I saw the pictures online for the lipsticks, I had to get all three. THEY'RE SOOOOO PRETTY. They're up my alley with the colours. I love love love dark lipsticks, and not only that, they're matte. Be prepared for a million pictures.

MAC Nasty Gal Collection
 If I were part of a set of triplets, these would be the lip shades we'd be rocking. I absolutely love them! 


Some more candid shots I did of them, because one is never enough.




"Gunner"
 I know, this is probably a colour most people wouldn't want to pick up because it's a little "out there". On my camera it shows up almost an indigo blue? In person, I feel like it has more of a purple hue to it as well. I would describe this as a blueberry shade. The perfect colour for those who want to wear black lipstick, without having to. I feel this shade would look amazing on those with fair skin.

"Runner" 
 THIS. IS. MY. SHADE. I love deep/dark/burgundy reds. I had to pick this up no matter how many lipsticks I have that are quite similar to this! MAC's lipstick formulas are top notch, and I can't say no to a matte burgundy red. 

"Stunner" 
 This colour definitely "stunned" me. HAHA. Sorry, I had to. Anyways I wasn't planning to purchase this shade, but I was all like "well you're buying two of them, might as well get all three colours!" I'm so glad I did. Stunner is not a bright red as I thought it would be, because it totally came out pink! Well, a red with a pink undertone. I'm not that big of a fan of bright reds, but this one works for me.

Swatches - bright natural light
 You can definitely see that gunner is a purple/blue in this picture, and stunner is fairly pink.

natural light/in a bit of shade

I'm pretty sure these shades are limited edition so get them before they're gone! 
Which out of the three is your favourite? 

12 comments:

  1. Ohh these look so good in the swatches, what a fab collection, Not sure if I could pull off the blue but it certainly looks nice!x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anyone could pull off blue lipstick if they're confident enough to do so! i think it'll look amazing with your fair skin!

      Delete
  2. I need gunner in my life now. They all look fab in the swatches but what mac lippie doesn't? Tempted by the pinkness of stunner too...
    (The lighting on these photos is also fab I do agree!)

    little miss fii | Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you, anytime i take a picture of a mac lipstick swatch it always looks amazing! go for it, so totally worth it in my opinion!

      Delete
  3. The runner shade looks good! reminds me of rebel x

    x Francesca of http://primpandpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow i didn't see it before and now i do, it totally does look like rebel

      Delete
  4. "Stunner" is such a beautiful shade, love it (:
    http://artdicted2.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! They are stunning!! Absolutely LOVE Runner!

    Naeemah | The Jam Jar Blog ✿

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh such gorgeous shades, I need to get my hands on all 3!

    tiahevexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should, the colours are to die for!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...