Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 2014 Ipsy Bag Review

Ipsy has won this time. If you don't remember my last month's October Ipsy Bag, I talked about how much I disliked that bag and how if this bag was just as bad, I would unsubscribe. They have definitely redeemed themselves.

November 2014 Ipsy Bag
 I definitely love the products I got for this bag.

The Bag: 
 The theme this month was "girl meets glitter", so we got a cute glittery bag. Definitely cute and I would probably use it. 

 I'm never ecstatic about hair products but I was excited to see a hairspray. Hairspray is a hair product that any girl can use because it has a purpose, at least for me. I don't do much to my hair often, but I can use hairspray whenever I tie up my hair and want to avoid flyaways, or when I want big volume. This product also doubles as a nourishing hair care product. Awesome.

 I don't know why my camera made the bottle yellow, but it was suppose to look more like an iridescent pink. Can you believe this tiny little bottle is worth almost 30 bucks? Thats crazy! I love highlighters but I always forget to use them. This highlighter is absolutely gorgeous and pearl like. 

 I've been a fan of OCC Lip Tars for a while now, so I was excited to see a lip paint from another brand. It has the same consistency as a lip tar, and you do need a brush to apply this product. That was the downside to this, that they didn't provide a brush. Otherwise, I love the shade I got. At first, I thought it was going to be a deep purple/brown, but it comes out very blood red, even better.

 I was kind of disappointed that it was a glitter liner, but surprisingly the glitter isn't too noticable. I'm just waiting for the day I receive a black liquid liner in my Ipsy bag because I could use some more! This liner is black, but not super black, so a few coats is needed to get it darker. I'm glad the glitter isn't that crazy so I definitely could see myself using this on a regular day. 

 Upon opening this product, I was not a fan of the colour. I was confused to see a very dark, brown, green looking colour inside the pot. Once I swatched it, I fell in love. It comes out as a gorgeous shimmery gold colour. This eye base is comparable to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos which are also awesome cream eyeshadows. 

Swatches: 
 From left to right: Be A Bombshell "Submissive" Eye Base, Elizabeth Mott "Glitterati" Liquid Liner, J Cat "Red Potion" Lip Paint, and Temptu "Pink Pearl" S/B Highlighter.


Verdict:
Full Size Products: 4
Deluxe Size Products: 1
Samples: 0
Price for Bag: $10+tax/shipping=$17
Value of this months bag: $65.83!!
Mel's Rating: 4.5/5
One of the best in a while!!

I absolutely loved this months Ipsy bag. They have redeemed themselves in my heart! I am still on the fence with staying with them, and December's bag will determine whether I stay or not. I actually found/been waiting to sign up for a different beauty subscription, but only will if I don't like Ipsy anymore. So far, Ipsy and I are on good terms again! 

If you are looking to sign up for Ipsy and receive awesome products like this every month, click here!

What was your favourite product? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...