Friday, May 16, 2014

Too Faced Cosmetics Review - Brand Spotlight

Today's post is a brand spotlight, for Too Faced Cosmetics.

An overview of what to expect for brand spotlight posts:
I will be talking about one specific brand of make-up and reviewing the products. I will be attempting to create a look with a bunch of the products from the one specific brand, to the best of my ability. The main purpose for brand spotlights is to show you guys the quality and amazing products one brand could provide to us! Enjoy!

Company Name: Too Faced
Country of Orgin: USA
Description: Too Faced offers cruelty free beauty products to consumers, striving to give each woman their own unique version of pretty. Their products can be purchased from Sephora or directly from the Too Faced website.

Too Faced is probably one of my all time favourite brands, so I was excited to make this one of my first brand spotlights.

Here is an overview of the products I used: 

Here is what the colours in the palette look like. The colours are super gorgeous, but not as pigmented as I would of liked them to be. I actually own the older version of the Natural Eyes Palette, and the formulation for that one seems a lot better than the new ones. Maybe they changed their formula for the newer palettes, but they don't see as good as they used to be.

These are the shades I used for my eyes:
First, I used Fuzzy Handcuffs all over my lid. Next, I used Garter Belt on the crease of my eyes. Then, I used Voulez-vous on the outer V, and then Lap Dance for a light shimmer on top of voulez-vous and remember to blend, blend, blend!

A close up shot of the bronzer.
This is definitely a summer bronzer because it is super shimmery and a little on the orange side. I swirled the colours together before applying it on. This one is my favourite of all the Too Faced bronzers because I love that you can have an option of which shades you want to mix, and apparently it makes a great eyeshadow palette too. 

Here is a swatch of "melted candy".
If you check on the link I provided above, you will see that on the Sephora website, there is no shade called melted candy. This was actually one of the exclusive offers for VIB members during the VIB sale. It looks super similar to the hot pink shade from the regular line, but this one is a little more towards coral than hot pink. The formulation of these lipsticks is fairly similar to the OCC lip tars, but it feathers less than the lip tars. It definitely is long lasting, but only if you apply a thin layer. 

Here are a couple shots of my overall look:

I love this bronzy look with the lip shade. 

Usually my camera never picks up my bronzer, but I guess since I used a heavier hand, its definitely more noticeable on the side of my face and on my cheek.

 The lighting makes the lipstick look rather orange, but it is really pink/coral in person. 

Too Faced Shadow Insurance: The eyeshadow primer is AMAZING, I may actually like it more than the Urban Decay Primer Potion, which I find to be a little too thick for my liking. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara:  This is actually my all time favourite mascara now. It adds A LOT of volume to your lashes, and makes them look extremely full and thick. 

Too Faced 3 Way Lash Lining Tool: This product wasn't as amazing as I wanted it to be. I used it for my winged liner and I didn't like the feeling of it on my eyelid. I guess since its used mainly for lining your lash line, it doesn't do as good of a job of drawing a line on your eyelid. Its very pigmented and long lasting though! 

If you are wondering what else I am wearing for this look here is the list of products:
Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero ($24)
Falsies: Ardell Natural Demi Lashes #120

Do you have any suggestions on brand spotlights I should do? Please feel free to let me know in the comments below! :)

5 comments:

  1. That lip color looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lip colour and the mascara! I don't have anything from Too Faced but definitely want to pick some up :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do a tutorial/vlog on how you got your blonde streaks? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got it done at a salon so unfortunately I don't know for sure how they did it haha. Basically to simplify it they took a chunk of my middle layer on the side of my head, bleached it and then dyed it platinum blonde. hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. I like this kit!

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...